In the Primary Section our aim is to establish a strong foundation for further learning in each child by blending the traditional 3R (Reading, Writing and Arithmetic) with following 4C’s skills of the 21st century.
- Critical thinking and problem solving,
In addition there is a focus on Character building based on Indian value system and laying the seeds for a Global Citizenship mindset.
Akshara believes that the school curriculum should take care of holistic development (physical, intellectual, logical and spiritual) of its pupils. At the primary level, it offers a broad multidisciplinary and balanced curriculum to enable learning through a structured schooling program. The focus is on:
- Developing strong fundamentals in academics,
- Good physical development and team spirit through sports
- Broad intellectual development through performing arts
- Inculcating good moral values rooted in Indian culture along with a commitment to Community Service
The teaching approach is centered around activity-based experiential learning to stimulate the development of multiple intelligences, inherent in each child.
We do this by adopting the modern methods of teaching like use of LCD projectors, Audio-Visual, Story Method, Exploration and Research, Group Discussions (Debate) to make learning effective and an enjoyable experience.
Akshara provides a balanced education by supplementing academics with a wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities:
- Co-curricular Activities (CCA) include variety of inter-house competitions like poetry recitation, Singing, storytelling, fancy dress and GK quiz
- Comprehensive Sports program with focus on physical development in the first two primary years through a scientific program provided by an external sports agency followed by exposure to various sports including karate and gymnastics from 3rd grade onwards
- Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) are taught through Music (Guitar, Drum, Synthesizer and Tabla), Dance (Bharatnatyam and Kathak) and Drama sessions
- Workshops and Field Trips are regularly conducted to enhance teaching learning processes.
Akshara has a House System for development of student Leadership and primary section has representation in the Student Council.
SHARE YOUR INTERESTKindly fill the online Inquiry Form below to let us know you are interested.
VISIT OUR SCHOOLYou will be sent a schedule of tour dates on which you can register for a School Tour.
ONLINE REGISTRATIONAdmission process can be initiated by filling an online Application Form.
SELECTION PROCESSClick on Procedure link to know the steps in Selection Process
If you would like to visit our school and take a better look at the facilities
The school has created a world class infrastructure to support its academics and non- academic activities. The facilities include
- Digital Classrooms for technology enabled learning
- Amphitheatre for assembly and cultural performances
- Activity Rooms for Music, Dance and Art & Craft teaching
- Library equipped with books and multimedia content
- Labs for Computer Maths and Science
- Sports field and segregated play areas
- Dining Hall with 400 student seating capacity
- Infirmary managed by a lady doctor with ICU experience
Age appropriate learning program
Project based experiential learning
Flexible Classroom design and layout
High Adult to child ratio
Safety & security
Akshara is special and unique as it acknowledges the contribution of its teachers, supports them in their growth, motivates them to scale newer heights, but most importantly, respects and treasures them as part of an extended family. I
Head of the Department, Chemistry & Science,
Class Representative of XI & XII
Akshara, a sanctuary of learning, gave me the wings to fly and nourished my dreams to reality. Six beautiful years in Akshara have given me the courage to experiment, the freedom to think and the ability to excel. Akshara has been the destination of
Mentor, Department of English