The ultimate aim of Akshara’s Senior Secondary program is to ensure that each student is able to enter a career of his/ her choice at the end of the schooling years based on his interest and to best of his abilities.
SENIOR SECONDARY PROGRAM (SCIENCE)
The Senior Secondary Science team of Akshara is an experienced team of subject teachers and competitive exam coaches. They are fully aware that two years of secondary education are very crucial in the life of a student and hence they are focused on optimizing the student’s study time in school.
Integrated Schooling Program
The school has designed a study program for students focused on the engineering competitive entrance exams wherein the coaching is integrated with regular schooling. In this program :
- External Competitive Exam Experts teach Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in school (thus children save on time spent in travelling to coaching classes)
- The syllabus coverage of Board classes is synchronized with the competitive exams teaching
- Extra classes are conducted during Vacations (Summer, Diwali and Christmas break)
- Regular assessment for timely progress feedback to student and parents
- Coaching classes start immediately after Board exams in April
- Timings 8:30 to 4:45 p.m.
Regular Schooling Program
In this study program the
- Focus is on strengthening the fundamentals in school under the guidance of highly experienced school teachers who have 15+ years of subject teaching experience
- School timings are 8:30 to 1:30 p.m. (till 3:15 p.m. on Practical days)
- Students can attend coaching externally after school hours
- Classes start in April with a Bridge Course to strengthen Class X concepts
CBSE BOARD CURRICULUM
The CBSE Board is well recognized in India and abroad, which helps students seek admissions to undergraduate courses in the country and worldwide. The entrance exam syllabus for most of the national entrance exams (like IIT-JEE and NEET) is similar to CBSE Board syllabus. Hence, along with preparation for the competitive exams, the board exam syllabus also gets covered, and duplication of study is avoided.
Students can choose subject combinations as below based on their future career path
- Mathematics Group (English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
- Biology Group (English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
(Physical Education and Computer Science are offered as optional fifth subject).
- Classrooms: All classrooms are digitally equipped with a computer, projector and a whiteboard to supplement the blackboard teaching so that the teaching time in the class is optimized (e.g. by saving time in drawing of diagrams)
- Laboratories: School has well-equipped labs for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science to supplement the classroom teaching
- Sports Infrastructure: The school has one-acre sports ground and indoor sports hall for conducting games in the Physical Education subject curriculum.
- Extra Curricular Activities: The school has three western music rooms wherein interested students can learn Guitar, Synthesizer and Drums. Cultural events, seminars and guest lectures are conducted in the AV Hall, amphitheatre and auditorium.
- Co-curricular Activities: We encourage students to participate in various events from institutes like IISER. Last year two of our Class XI students were chosen for prestigious DST-INSPIRE Internship at IISER, Pune
SUCCESS IN COMPETITIVE EXAMS
|2018 JEE (Advanced) selections|
|1605||Nayan Jyoti Jain|
|6385||Aadarsh Anand Asthana|
|8630||Neelay Hitesh Shah|
CLASS XII BOARD EXAM RESULTS
Akshara students have consistently shown excellent results in the Board exams. In 2019 exams, 47.94% of the students score above 90% (35 out of 73) and everyone got First division (above 60%).
|2019 BOARD EXAMS – SUBJECT RESULTS|
|Physics||96||Shimli Satpathy (My Board Exam Story)|
|Physical Education||100||Adit Firke, Chirag Hegde, Trisanu Bhar, Pruthu Deshpande|
|Computer Science||98||Chirag Dhamange|
2019 Overall Toppers
I joined Akshara in 2016 to pursue Science stream in Senior Secondary, and that is when my beautiful journey of JEE preparation started and culminated in IIT Delhi Computer Science Engineering.The arduous task of being balanced and focused during my two-year tenure was made easy by the constant support and encouragement given by our Director Mr. Jayesh Rathore, himself an IIT Mumbai Alumni.
I also take this opportunity to mention that my success is a consequence of the symbiotic relationship between my teachers and parents who endeavoured hard collectively to make my dream become a reality.”
I still remember my first day in Akshara clearly, as if it were just yesterday. It was a major switch! I was not only changing school but also shifting to a new board CBSE after having been in an ICSE school for 13 years. I was not scared but was very nervous and excited at the same time. As I entered my new school and proceeded towards my class, I saw many students and teachers, many faces all of which seemed quite friendly, yet unfamiliar at the same time.
Trust me, the warmth that they had extended to us that day remains today. The entire Akshara family is the sweetest family in this world, and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. The whole faculty is very sweet, supportive and caring. My journey in Akshara International School has been beautiful indeed and enriched by the presence of such amazing people around me. I look forward to making my school and teachers proud by achieving a very high score in grade 12 examinations.”
School plays a significant role in a child’s development. According to my experience, opportunities are ample in Akshara for a child’s holistic development. Equal opportunities are given to students to learn and showcase new skills. Academic excellence and other co-curricular activities go hand in hand here. teamwork, public speaking are few skills from many which Agraj mastered with the support & able guidance of management and teachers of Akshara International School.
My son is currently pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering from Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri city. I take this platform to thank the Management and teachers for their guidance and providing a conducive learning environment for students.
(Father of Agraj Khare, Aksharite, 2018 batch)”
It was a tough decision for us to send our son Chirag from Kolhapur to Pune for education after 10th standard at the tender and vulnerable age of 16. He was pampered, protected and dependent at home. He was determined to study in Pune, and we agreed to his demands. We were in search of the best school in Pune which could also provide IIT coaching. After a long search of three days finally, we found Akshara International School which fitted our requirements.
I can say proudly that Akshara International is the best school in Pune which fulfills every need of ambitious children.
( Mother of Chirag Hegde, currently in class XII Science stream)”